From A Second Story Window I Tried Voodoo Once
From A Second Story Window I Tried Voodoo Once is a post-hardcore album by the band From A Second Story Window. The album was released on October 31, 2004, and features 10 tracks that showcase the band's unique sound and style. In this article, we will take a closer look at the album and explore what makes it so special.
The Band: From A Second Story Window
From A Second Story Window was a post-hardcore band from Ohio that formed in 2000. The band consisted of Will Jackson (vocals), Rob Hileman (guitar), Nick Huffman (guitar), Chris Hatfield (bass), and Derek Vasconi (drums). The band released three albums before disbanding in 2008. From A Second Story Window's music was known for its heavy riffs, complex song structures, and Will Jackson's intense vocal delivery.
The Album: From A Second Story Window I Tried Voodoo Once
From A Second Story Window I Tried Voodoo Once is the band's second album and was released on Halloween in 2004. The album features 10 tracks that showcase the band's unique sound and style. The album was produced by Jamie King, who has worked with other notable bands such as Between the Buried and Me, The Contortionist, and Scale the Summit.
The album's title track, "I Tried Voodoo Once," is a standout track that showcases the band's ability to blend heavy riffs with intricate melodies. The song starts with a melodic guitar riff before transitioning into a heavy breakdown. Will Jackson's vocals are intense and emotional, adding to the overall impact of the song.
Other standout tracks on the album include "How London Got Its Fog," "Not One Word Has Been Omitted," and "Soft Green Fields." Each track showcases the band's unique sound and style and highlights their ability to create complex, dynamic songs.
The Legacy of From A Second Story Window I Tried Voodoo Once
From A Second Story Window I Tried Voodoo Once is a post-hardcore classic that still resonates with fans today. The album's unique sound and style have influenced countless bands in the post-hardcore and metalcore genres. The album's title track, "I Tried Voodoo Once," has become a fan favorite and is often played at live shows.
Although From A Second Story Window disbanded in 2008, their music continues to inspire and influence fans and musicians alike. From A Second Story Window I Tried Voodoo Once is a testament to the band's talent and creativity, and it will always be remembered as a post-hardcore classic.
Conclusion
From A Second Story Window I Tried Voodoo Once is a post-hardcore classic that showcases the band's unique sound and style. The album's heavy riffs, complex song structures, and emotional vocals have influenced countless bands in the post-hardcore and metalcore genres. Although From A Second Story Window disbanded in 2008, their music continues to inspire and influence fans and musicians alike. If you haven't already, give From A Second Story Window I Tried Voodoo Once a listen and experience the magic for yourself.